With 64-track capability, new flagship app is most powerful iPad music tool available
Cumberland, RI (October 24, 2014)— Akai Professional (akaipro.com), innovator of audio sampling technology for music production and performance, today announced that the Akai Professional iMPC Pro app for the iPad has been nominated for a 30th Annual Technical Excellence & Creativity (TEC) Award. The prestigious TEC Awards were established in 1985 to honor outstanding achievement in professional audio production and product innovation.
Featuring 64 tracks of intuitive music production capability, iMPC Pro is the most powerful way to create music on the iPad. Developed in partnership with Retronyms, iMPC Pro fuses the acclaimed workflow of a hardware MPC (Music Production Center) with cutting edge tools for composing, editing and mixing music. Extending the beat-production prowess of Akai Pro’s original iMPC app, the new iMPC Pro app includes over 30 new in-demand features that empower and optimize the creative process from conceptualization to finalization.
Among the new app’s many innovative capabilities are the following:
- 64 tracks of multi-track music creation, mixing and automation
- All-new multi-touch interface for editing, slicing and auditioning samples
- Inter-App Audio support provides flexible sampling, effects and audio routing
- Sample from your iTunes library, Inter-App Audio and the iPad mic
- Timeline View provides powerful gesture control of sequences and events
- Flux Mode for real-time or automated manipulation of tracks
- Classic MPC Swing, Note Repeat, 16 Levels and pad workflow
- Works seamlessly with MPC Element pad controller via iPad Camera Connection kit
- 3D-performance mode for tweaking effects, Note Repeat and more
- Directly upload your tracks to SoundCloud, Twitter, your computer and more
- All-new effects suite including Turbo Duck side-chain compressor and Boom Room reverb
“We understand that professional creative artists demand an MPC workflow that is intuitive, combined with the multi-touch capability and power of the iPad for their portable music projects. There is no room for compromise. iMPC Pro delivers the cutting edge features and audio quality that enables the artist to create a truly individual musical production,” said Akai Professional Product Manager Dan Gill.
Hundreds of entries for nomination were reviewed and voted upon by an extensive panel of veteran sound and music industry professionals in the U.S. and abroad, according to NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants), the sponsor of the awards. The winners will be determined by online subscribers to Mix, Pro Sound News, Pro Audio Review, Electronic Musician, and members of professional audio and sound production organizations through online voting, which will take place this December.
The winners of the 30th Annual TEC Awards will be announced on Saturday evening, January 24, 2015 at the Anaheim Hilton during the NAMM Show.
iMPC Pro is currently available for download on the App Store for the limited-time sale price of $12.99 (normally $19.99). For more information, visit akaipro.com/mpc.